About Coushatta Casino Resort
COVID-19 Announcement from Coushatta Casino Resort
Your health, safety and security are of the utmost importance to us.
March 13, 2020
Your health, safety and security are of the utmost importance to us when you visit Coushatta Casino Resort. We greatly appreciate your loyalty, and your trust in our hospitality, to provide you with a pleasurable––and safe––visit.
Our management team is closely monitoring the guidance and reporting of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the spread of the COVID-19 strain of Coronavirus. Our energy is focused to ensure that we satisfy your needs and desires while doing our part to keep everyone safe, including you, our associates, and our community.
- We continue to be cautious and vigilant when it comes to the health and safety of our guests and associates.
- We have posted signs to remind guests to please use our complimentary hand sanitizer stations throughout the resort property.
- Throughout the year, we test our emergency preparedness by having our staff members undergo training with respect to key procedures and drills to ensure that we can properly handle any type of emergency.
- We continue to clean and wipe-down all slot machines and other gaming equipment and areas to keep them clean and sanitary.
- We have enhanced our techniques used to clean guest rooms after each stay. Our hotel housekeeping staff has been instructed to pay particular attention to high touch-point areas such as key cards, door handles, locks and latches, light switches, room furniture and service items, desk surfaces, telephones, television remote controls, bathroom fixtures, and handles.
- We have increased our attention to sanitizing our common areas, including the Front Desk, check-in/check-out, elevator doors and buttons, public area computers, and lobby furniture.
- We implement health precautions year-round and we regularly experience scheduled health inspections by both the Coushatta Tribe of Louisiana and the Louisiana Department of Health.
- We require ServSafe sanitation certification as a basic credential for our restaurant staff. ServSafe is a food and beverage safety training and certification program administered by the U.S. National Restaurant Association, accredited by ANSI and Conference for Food Protection.
- Our restaurant staff has implemented safety protocols and best practices, and we follow strict local public health guidelines.
- We have policies in place that use combinations of engineering and administrative controls, safe work practices, and personal protective equipment to prevent community contamination.
- We employ stringent hand-washing procedures for our foodservice associates: We require that they:
- Frequently wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least a 60% alcohol base;
- Immediately wash their hands that are visibly soiled;
- Avoid touching their face, eyes, nose, or mouth with their hands; and
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes:
- If they are not feeling well or have an immediate family member who is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to avoid potentially infecting others;
- Keeping their hands clean and washing their hands properly and we also ask that they use hand sanitizer whenever possible;
- Regularly wiping down and sanitizing their workspace;
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle (proper diet, sleep, and exercise) to keep their immune systems strong; and
- Most importantly, if they have flu-like or any other symptoms, consulting a doctor and seek immediate medical care.
As our valued guest, your health and wellbeing are our highest priority. We truly appreciate the trust that you have placed in us when you choose to visit Coushatta Casino Resort. Rest assured, we are monitoring the Coronavirus news closely, and we are prepared to handle your essential needs in any situation.
We understand your visits to Coushatta Casino Resort may have been interrupted by COVID-19 concerns. You are our loyal patron and we appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you soon and want to reassure you that we are taking every reasonable precaution to promote a safe, healthy, secure, and enjoyable environment for you.
Coushatta Casino Resort is located in Kinder, Louisiana on US Highway 165 (I-10 exit 44) and features over 2,000 slots and more than 65 table games including live poker, plus live bingo and off-track betting. Phone 800-584-7263 for more information or visit the website at www.ccrla.com.